The Importance of Protein Intake
- Protein subdues hunger and food cravings
- When combined with the right carbohydrates, protein feeds your muscles, ensuring formation of
quality muscle fibres
- Protein is the building block of muscles, including the heart and the diaphragm (located under the lungs), which is essential for breathing
- The better the quality of your muscles, the more fuel (energy) is required to sustain them
- The more good quality toned muscle you have, the higher your metabolic rate. That is the rate at which we use good quality foods (and stored fat) for fuel!!
- The higher the metabolic rate, the higher the energy requirements, so the less food stored as fat
- Food intake will now be used to fuel the quality muscles. The muscles of your body, which are now being used and exercised in isolation, work in tandem with the attached food plan. The perfect combination to help you attain the best results for a healthier, fitter and stronger version of you!!